Subject: Re: Amiga E Mailing List
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 93 19:03:40 PDT

>Let me know if the FIDO conference ever takes off. USENET still has the
>most Amiga users and E programmers on it, but FIDO might one day get
>something going too. Unfortunately, I find that FIDO conferences are
>not the highest quality in terms of professional discussions, but there
>have been exceptions.

    Yeah, well, right now most of it is in the main programming conference,
mixed in with C and ASM and even BASIC msgs.  Mostly people asking what the
latest version is, etc. I like the main AMIGA conference (@ 14,4 w/ QWk I can
ahndle 300+ msgs a day from one conf :-) on Fido, and also the video conf is
nice (main pre-"occupation"). 

>The "automatically added Reply-To header" is broken at the moment for
>some people. I haven't yet figured out why it adds the header for some
>messages and not for others. On the other hand, since the mailing list
>handling software is something I wrote myself in E, I guess there's no
>one else to blame but me. :)  Anyway, when my work load lets up a bit,
>I'll fix it. Until then, be sure to mail all list postings to
>[email-masked].

    No problem....at least it knows who the message was from originally. It
just takes a few seconds more when replying. 

>I have an archive of all the messages since the list began. It's a little
>over 500K uncompressed. If you want it, I can LHA and UUENCODE it and send
>the archive your way. It contains a lot of source code that was posted
>in the first three weeks of the list (which is only about two months old
>now).

Sure...just wait until the weekend, otherwise I would be tempted to actually
call up LD to get it :-)  Once I get it, I'll make an Amigaguide version of it
grouping the source by problems and such...make it nice and neat for all the
people out there who don't have internet. 

 / / /
/_/_/iZ

*-- The Gamma Quadrant --*

*-- GammaTag Version 2.8 --*
*-- God loves you; everyone else thinks you're an ass